Day notes - Mon 15th Nov 2010
We noticed that viewing a 'missing resource' was raising an exception and returning a 500 http response. It should, and now does, return a 404 response. Rails/ActiveRecord would normally take care of this by raising, and correctly rescuing from, an ActiveRecord::RecordNotFound exception but we were using a custom find method that didn't replicate this behaviour.
We noticed that we couldn't actually deploy to our newly provisioned staging server as our own users (this was originally a requirement from o2 for deploying to the AWS servers). We decided to respect Capistrano's wishes and work out how to get it to deploy as a single user.
We all spent about 90 minutes on a 'retrospective' (quotes because I'm not sure it was technically a retrospective) focussing on pairing. Although there were specific examples of when it was/wasn't working we decided not to change anything and just to monitor the situation this week so that we could work out whether we wanted to change anything next week.