Tue, 26 Oct 10

Day notes - Mon 25th Oct 2010

Resumed an investigation into an envjs problem that Jase and I start on Friday.

Ripped out a whole load of javascript functionality from hashblue which meant we no longer ran into the envjs problem.

We noticed that we were incorrectly returning html with a content-type of text/javascript (through our use of respond_to and wants.js). Fixing this actually fixed another problem we’d been seeing in Chrome. It seems that something deep within jquery was trying to parse the html as javascript and raising this exception: “Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <”.

We ran into ran into the problem described in Rails lighthouse ticket 5247. We wanted to use the broken behaviour so created the action_controller_template_assertions_ticket_5247 gem to monkey patch the broken method.